The International VAT Association has a professional administrator who is responsible for the IVA activities. You may see them listed below.
- Maintain member details database, including names, addresses, e-mails etc.
- Coordinating new membership with the Board
- Circulate member enrolment applications to Board for approval
- Follow up with new members.
- Manage the IVA Linked-In group pages
- Research collate and prepare monthly VAT newsletter for members
Operational Secretarial Functions
- Set up calendar of Board meetings and confirm
- Prepare and circulate agenda one week in advance to Board members
- Report meeting actions, responsibilities and objectives and follow up.
- Record & circulate minutes to Board and members
Accounting and Reporting Functions
- Annual Membership Fees – agree amounts to be billed with the Board and the scale to be applied
- Prepare annual income and expenditure report and get Board approval
- Keep and maintain full accounting records for the Association
- Quarterly financial reports to be produced of income/expenditure
- File annual statements with the commercial court in Belgium
- Prepare invoices in agreed format
- Issue invoices to members – keep and maintain invoice register in sequential order
- Ensure payment of subscriptions and follow up any non-payments
Bi-Annual Conference Organisation
- Agreeing with Board conference locations
- Travel to any pre meetings if required
- To manage all delegate correspondence as necessary for invitations, joining instructions , confirmation of all accommodation and deal with queries
- Dealing with delegate enquiries relating to the hotel meeting facilities and accommodation.
- Speakers and presentations - ensure all correspondence, bookings etc. made with speakers and to co-ordinate presentations as necessary
- Printing and materials: Organise printing of any materials as necessary
- Presentations: co-ordinate presentations and ensure all prepared
- General: Any ad hoc requirements as necessary
- Maintain and update Association website – liaising with website provider
- Coordination of marketing materials
- Arranging Association Insurances
- Co-ordination of Association lobbying activities
- Liaise with President on the content and circulate communication newsletter
- Maintain association registrations for business purposes eg Commission’s Lobbyist Register