The IVA is the world’s leading non-profit Association of VAT/GST professionals with currently over 160 members covering EU and non-EU countries representing many thousands of businesses and clients, each of whom has a very direct interest in the development of value added and turnover taxes. We are the only multi-national Association which exists to represent our members’ business interests, working within the field of VAT and turnover taxes.
Members of the IVA benefit from the actions of their Association in four main areas: Representation, Education, Networking and Operational Support.
Being registered in the EU Commission’s Register the IVA interacts on behalf of its members with tax authorities and rule making bodies (both at national and international levels e.g. the EU Commission, the OECD, the VAT Expert Group, the EU VAT Forum and many more) to defend and promote the interests of its members.
- Actions are taken in the name of the IVA; you can, if you wish, remain anonymous when talking to the authorities
- Cost – the costs of any action are shared across all members – you do not have to pay the whole costs yourself
- Shared Knowledge – we share knowledge between the members
- Group Feedback – the IVA is there to support you in your actions
- Speedier resolution of issues – as the IVA has excellent contacts at not only the level of tax administrations but also at the Commission, OECD etc.; the IVA can get you in contact with the right person more quickly.
- Far higher chance of achieving your goals.
Through the presentations and the workshops organized by the IVA, members are kept up-to-date on all current VAT/GST issues, both within and outside of the EU
The IVA holds two bi-annual conferences every year. All IVA members can attend the IVA conferences free of charge. At the conferences we have high-level speakers from Tax Administrations and from different rule making bodies such as the EU Commission, the OECD; and also professional experts from big enterprises.
- We offer webinars where the members can exchange knowledge or give an update on an interesting and important topic. As the Association is established for the benefit of its members, the topics are chosen directly by them.
- The IVA LinkedIn provides a platform to its members where they can share updates and news from their countries. Members of the IVA LinkedIn group are not only IVA members, but also representatives from Tax Administrations and other rule making bodies.
- With the IVA Newsletters we inform our members about news, updates and important new regulations from all around the world.
- We keep you informed about other seminars, conferences and events in the VAT and GST world.
- The greatest networking platform of the IVA is its conferences, where members can meet face-to-face, exchange contacts and interact.
- During the whole year the Administrator supports each member with his specific requests, providing, for example, details of contacts in different countries. We had over 1000 successful co-operation arrangements set up between members last year.
- Members have access to an online “Members Area” on the IVA website. Here you have access to a consistantly updated database of more than 170 personal contacts of VAT professionals from different countries who will be able to assist or help you.
- Have access to the members’ only IVA LinkedIn group which is a good place for VAT professionals to discuss issues affecting members;
- Receive the IVA’s monthly newsletters with up-to date VAT information, on legislation, court decisions, progress at the Commission and OECD on tax policy;
- Obtain free attendance at the IVA’s Spring and Autumn conferences where you will have the unique chance to establish personal contacts with VAT professionals from around the world